2 days workshop - Embracing Paradoxical thinking for leadership success
From 9.00 am until 5.00 pm
At Dusit Thani Hotel, Dubai UAE
Facilitated by: Charles May
Contact us to know about our special promotional rate
Leadership success is already a tough proposition in normal times. What are leaders to do when their companies are faced with uncertainty, complex issues and ambiguous situations that occur rapidly? Coined by the military, this is known as VUCA – “Volatility”, “Uncertainty”, “Complexity” and “Ambiguity”.
Digital era leaders need to see the world through different lenses and adopt a paradoxical leadership style that gives them strategic agility. It demands that they display ease and comfort when dealing with tensions (paradoxes) and that they face anxiety and defensiveness head-on in order to achieve success and sustainability. Managing such paradoxes creates innovation, new insights and creative opportunities for businesses in this new global landscape.
- Explore VUCA leadership and how it applies to the business environment
- Understand and adopt Paradoxical Thinking
- Learn to address tensions as paradoxes rather than trade-offs or compromise
- Understand the 5 Paradoxical Leadership practices
- Explore own Leadership Paradoxes to identify areas of development
- VUCA Leadership
- Paradoxes – Creating Strategic Vision and Mindful Agility
- What is Paradoxical Thinking?
- 5 Paradoxical Leadership Practices
- Managing Paradoxes (Tensions)
- Approaches to Strategic Tensions
- Harrison Paradoxical Leadership Competencies
- Understand one’s strongest traits is not necessarily one’s greatest strengths
- Understand that one’s strongest trait could potentially be a derailer
- Embrace the “and” mentality
- Recognize that Paradox is vital for high performance
- Proactively identify and raise constructive tensions to stretch innovation and creativity
- Avoid traps of anxiety and defensiveness by being competent, confident, gaining trust and taking risk
- Consistently communicate a "both/and vision"
- Integrate and allow separate efforts to focus on both sides of paradoxes in strategic decision-making.
About the Facilitator:
Charles May is a Senior Executive Coach with a varied international business background covering sales and marketing, project management and HR ranging from recruitment working with James Caan to training and development with senior management. His ability to communicate effectively and adopt a structured approach led him into management training in areas of appraisal, conflict management, performance management, and leadership.
He has developed a network of consultants and companies across Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, using Harrison Assessments to identify, attract and hire the best talent; predict job success with specificity and accuracy; identify performance and job success enablers and de-railers; engage, retain and unleash the strengths of top talents; apply analytics to identify talent capability pipelines; achieve results through performance benchmarking; and accelerate talent development.
Published Books: Charles is the co-author of “Are you VUCA ready?” and author of “Understanding Me”.
There are 2 people coming.
Register for this event
Enter your details below